Saturday 20 June 2009

Product Review: Sapporo Yubari Melon Soda

Melon soda is a viciously sweet, luridly green soft drink popular in Japan. It doesn't taste much like melons, maybe a little, which is good coz I don't like melons. It tastes like sugar and additives in the best way, and looks like Nilbog juice as Bunny pointed out. Yubari is a town in Hokkaido that is struggling as I have informed you before, but which is famed for deliciously sweet melons with bright orange flesh. One of the few melons that I really like the flavour of (if only they weren't so darned expensive) Sapporo (the drinks company, not the city) has brought these two entities together in the inevitable way:


Sapporo Ribbon Yubari Melon Soda. It's really nice, though actually I couldn't say it's much nicer than Sapporo's regular Melon Cream Soda, which I love. This certainly has more of a fruity taste, but I expected to be supping on the elixir of the gods and what I got was just... great. Oh and it's bright orange (like Yubari Melons) not bright green. Still - I recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment