Tuesday 26 May 2009

Polaroid Joy

So, Bunny bequeathed me a fantastic device upon her departure for England... a device the old ones call "A Polaroid Camera". That is, she has more than one, and she figured she could fit another four rolls of tape with animals on it into her case if she ditched the camera in Japan. I'm not sure how many polaroid cameras Bunny has - at times I imagine she lives in a hut on the moor, built entirely from polaroid cameras held together by animal pattern tape.

Anyway, this weekend I obtained film for said camera at a princely cost. Seriously, a real stomp to the wallet. But the sheer joy of weilding this huge plastic box that "k'chonk"s open and spits out actual physical photos soon put my misgivings away.



On polaroid film everything looks like it takes place in the 1970s and is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. yay! polaroid magic! you did me proud.

    I actually live in a hut on the MOON, built entirely from polaroid cameras held together by animal pattern tape. you were close though.

    ReplyDelete