Tuesday 2 December 2008

My cool students.

I try to avoid writing about my job because frankly I reckon it's a little unprofessional to do so, and I'm pretty sure that if I did it'd come back to bite me in the ass.

Today however, I want to make a short post and the thing in my head at the moment is what one of my awesome 1st year junior high students wrote. I'm not posting it coz it's funny, I'm posting it coz it's awesome. I feel weird and guilty posting stuff from one of my students like this, but considering his age this is good stuff, and well - this is a blog and I really liked his work. Sure he's missing some key sentence components, but it's got a rhythm that I really like just as it is. He studied a story book about a teacher who's new trousers get ruined, and he had to summarize it from the perspective of the trousers:

"He bought yesterday evening at clothes shop.
He wear everyday.
Put on curry.
Put on red ink.
He put a thing on fire.
He is hero."

There, doesn't that tell the story just fine?

No comments:

Post a Comment