Sunday 10 August 2008

Happy Olympics Everyone!

Well the Olympics has started in Beijing, China. There was a spectacular opening ceremony that I didn't see, and now there will be some sports that I'll probably watch a little of. I'm kinda worried about the air pollution in Beijing and its affect on the athletes, and I'm certainly not impressed by the seemingly dickish attitude of the Chinese government the whole time - but I'm not well enough informed to pass any kind of judgement, so I don't mean this picture as some super-damning criticism. It is a great piece though, by the chinese photo artist Wan Quingsong:


The Glory of Hope , 240x180cm, Photograph, Wang Qingsong, 2007

I read about Wang Quingsong in an art magazine in a fancy, fancy shopping mall in Fukuoka, while I was visiting Andy this year. I don't know much about him, but I'd love to see his work in the Flesh, since his photos are so damn big! Check out those dimensions, they must be staggering!

I'm sorry if this post is a bit crazy, today I cycled far too far and played football in the sun, and ate terrible food, so my brain is somewhat broked. However we did end up inviting a guy to play who was standing around watching us, and he was a nice guy, and of course very good at football. I thought those kind of things never really happened, but apparently they do.

1 comment: